Our vision and values 2016-20
Our vision is to make:
“Tewkesbury Borough, a place where a good quality of life is open to all."
Everything we do is aimed at delivering our vision but the way we deliver services is equally important to us. We have therefore adopted a set of values which we apply across all of our activities. We are a council which:
Puts customers first
We will put the needs of our customers at the heart of what we do and listen to what they say, treating people fairly and without bias.
Is positive about working with others
We recognise we cannot achieve our vision by working alone. We will continue to develop productive working relationships with other organisations and our communities, including the voluntary sector, town and parish councils and neighbourhood groups to achieve common goals.
Values our employees
We will support, praise and invest in our workforce to develop our organisation.
Supporting our values we also have an ethos that whatever we do will be ‘Better for customers, better for business’
Our priorities and objectives 2016-20
Finances and resources
- Start on the path to being financially independent of the government’s core grants.
- Maintain a low council tax.
- Investigate and take appropriate commercial opportunities.
- Use our assets to provide maximum financial return.
- Be the primary growth engine of Gloucestershire’s economy.
- Identify and deliver employment land within the borough, in accordance with the Joint Core Strategy (JCS) and Tewkesbury Borough Plan.
- Maximise the growth potential of the M5 junctions within the borough.
- Deliver regeneration for Tewkesbury town.
- Increase the supply of suitable housing across the borough to support growth and meet the needs of our communities.
- Achieve a five year supply of land.
- Deliver the homes and necessary infrastructure to create new sustainable communities in key locations.
- Deliver affordable homes to meet local need
- Maintain and improve our culture of continuous service improvement.
- Develop our customer service ethos to ensure that we deliver to the needs of residents.
- Further expansion of the Public Services Centre (bring in other partners).
- Improve and expand our partnerships both public and private sector and explore opportunities to do this.
- To improve customer access to our services and service delivery through digital methods.
We are pleased that good progress has been made during the first year of our Council Plan 2016-2020. We continue to drive forward our vision:
“Tewkesbury Borough, a place where a good quality of life is open to all”
To deliver this vision and provide focus, our four priorities remain unchanged:
- Finance and resources
- Economic development
- Customer-focused services
Download the updated Tewkesbury Borough Council Plan below: