What are screening and scoping opinions?
These are opinions issued by the planning authority under the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Regulations) 2011. A screening opinion states whether the Authority or Secretary of State considers that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) should be submitted for a future or current development proposal.
The broad intention of requesting a screening opinion is that developers can obtain a clear view from the local planning authority on the need for EIA well before they reach the stage of lodging a formal planning application. This should minimise the possibility of delay or uncertainty.
Once a screening opinion has been adopted it must be held on the public register for a period of two years. Please see below for our register.
- 2016-02-17 - screening opinion - Cleevelands, Evesham Road (pdf, 146 KB)
- 2016-04-20 - screening opinion - Cider Mill Lane, Winchcombe (pdf, 88 KB)
- 2016-06-08 - screening opinion - part parcel 4100, Mill Lane (pdf, 64 KB)
- 2016-06-28 - screening opinion - part parcel 6124, Noverton lane (pdf, 41 KB)
- 2016-07-22 - screening opinion - land parcel no 324, Two Hedges Road (pdf, 34 KB)
- 2016-07-26 - screening opinion - Spring Gardens (pdf, 59 KB)
- 2016-07-27 - screening opinion - land off Ashmead Drive (pdf, 58 KB)
- 2016-09-07 - screening opinion - land at Chargrove Lane (pdf, 88 KB)
- 2016-10-03 - scoping opinion - land at Fiddington (pdf, 302 KB)
- 2016-10-03 - screening opinion - land at Fiddington (pdf, 22 KB)
- 2016-10-14 - screening opinion - Gloucestershire Airport (pdf, 67 KB)
- 2017-01-31 - screening opinion - Evesham Road, Bishops Cleeve (pdf, 89 KB)
- 2017-04-05 - screening opinion - land west of Evesham Road, Bishop's Cleeve (pdf, 319 KB)
- 2017-06-27 - scoping opinion - land south of the A46 and north of Tirlebrook (pdf, 57 KB)
- 2017-06-27 - scoping opinion - land west Of Cheltenham (pdf, 310 KB)
- 2017-06-27 - screening opinion - land south of the A46 and north of Tirlebrook (pdf, 48 KB)
- 2017-08-31 - Screening Opinion - Building D, Elmbridge Court, Churchdown (pdf, 50 KB)
- 2017-11-07 - screening opinion - Land at the Coach House, Cleeve Hill (pdf, 120 KB)