Our communications team
Communicating effectively is really important to us. We have a small communications team working on:
- Brand management and corporate identity.
- Developing and maintaining the website.
- Endorsing plain English.
- Issuing press releases.
- Media and publicity protocols.
- Media relations.
- Producing and editing publications.
- Social media.
Tewkesbury Borough News
- Business growth hub comes to Tewkesbury Borough
- Regenerating Grangefield parkland in Bishop's Cleeve
- Tewkesbury Half Marathon
- Sign up to our garden waste club
- Upcoming events
- LEADER grant programme
- Funding for business and entrepreneurs
- Joint Core Strategy update
- Balancing the budget
- Flying high - Gloucestershire Airport
- Clamping down on fly tippers
If you’re a business based in Tewkesbury Borough and would like to advertise in our new magazine (delivered to every home in the borough, around 40,000 households), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01684 272022.
- New regulations on data protection
- Homelessness team go for gold
- What is in your blue bin?
- Town and parish council seminar - 20 September 2017
- Public space protection consultation - dog fouling
- Citizens' panel
- Innovative approach to websites
- Community funding opportunities
- Neighbourhood plans update
- Joint Core Strategy main modifications
- Tewkesbury Borough plan update
From the start of the pre-election period ('purdah'), the council must comply with restrictions outlined in Section 2 of the Local Government Act 1986. The act defines publicity as "any communication, in whatever form, addressed to the public at large or to a section of the public."
Generally, the act says that we should "not publish any material which, in whole, or in part, appears to be designed to affect public support for a political party."
The Code of Practice recommends that authorities should generally not issue any publicity which seeks to influence voters and that publicity relating to individuals involved directly in the election should not be published unless expressly authorised by statute.
To contact our press office, please telephone 01684 272022 or email our communications officer at email@example.com