Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
The council have to maintain a public register of those who are interested in self or custom build housing opportunities under the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding (Register) Regulations 2016 (as amended).
What information do we collect about you?
- We collect the contact information of the self-builder. We also request that information regarding proof of eligibility for the register this includes; age, citizenship and seeking to acquire a serviced plot of land.
- We also collect information regarding what specifications they would like for their site.
Who do we share the information with?
- Your personal information will not be shared outside of the council and we will use this information to contact you regarding your submission.
- Your site specification information in part will be published anonymously on the council’s website and be publicly available to share.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
The information is stored on servers based in the UK.
How long do we keep your information?
- Your personal and site specification information is retained by the council and is reviewed on an annual basis.
- We will remove your site specifications and personal information upon request. This information will be removed from the register within 28 days of receiving a written request.
Who do we collect information from?
We collect the information from people seeking land for custom and self-build housing opportunities.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The Council has a requirement to keep a register under the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding (Register) Regulations 2016 (as amended).
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
No automated decisions are made about you.
Last updated: 01 March 2018 (LW)