Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
The council have a statutory obligation put forward by the Housing and Planning Act 2008 for council’s to establish what land is available to them for development through the plan making process. We collect the personal information of those who submit their site to the council so that we are able to contact them.
What information do we collect about you?
- Contact information of the landowner and planning agent.
- Site information that we collect is around the location, size and availability of the site.
Who do we share the information with?
- The information that you provide can be separated into two types of data a) personal data b) data that relates to your response.
- Your personal information will not be shared outside of the council and we will only use this information to contact you regarding your submission.
- Your site information will be published on the council’s website and be publicly available to share. You will be contacted annually to ask if you are still promoting your site to the assessment and requesting any updates on your site for example ownership, planning permissions or anything you think the council should be made aware of.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
The information is stored on servers based in the UK.
How long do we keep your information?
Information is kept in line with the retention schedule (xlsx, 12 KB).
- Your personal and site information is retained by the council and is reviewed on an annual basis.
- Your site information will appear on the council’s website within the report until the next publication.
- We will remove your site and personal information upon request.
- You will be contacted annually to ask if you are still promoting your site to the assessment and requesting any updates on your site. If no response is received then your site and personal data will be removed.
Who do we collect information from?
We collect the information from landowners and planning agents who are submitting their site through the plan making process.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
If we do not collect this information the council is going against its statutory planning obligation to keep a record of sites that would be suitable for development. This also means that we would not be able to contact the land promoter annually to ensure that the information is correct, up to date and that they still wish for the council to hold their information.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
No automated decisions are made about you, the suitability of your land will be assessed against the agreed methodology.
Last updated: 01 March 2018 (LW)