Street naming and numbering charges
Tewkesbury Borough Council has resolved to introduce charges for Street Naming and Numbering. The administration of the new charges will be undertaken by Cheltenham Borough Council which hosts our Joint Building Control Service.
The following charges will apply:
Category 1 - Changes to an existing postal address
- Re-naming of an existing single residential dwelling or industrial unit or adding a name to a numbered property.
- The charge for this application category 1 is £35.00.
Category 2 - New developments not involving new street naming
- The charge for this application category 2 is £50.00 per plot/unit to a maximum of £500 per street.
- Naming or numbering of new single/multiple build(s) residential dwelling(s) or industrial unit(s) not involving new street naming, or naming or numbering of more than one apartment/flat (2+ properties), not involving new street naming.
Category 3 - Developments requiring new street naming and numbering
- Developments for residential or industrial units requiring new street naming and numbering.
- The charge for this application category 3 is £100 per street plus £50.00 per plot/unit to a maximum of £500 per street.
- For new developments, it is the responsibility of the developer to supply and install any new street name plates to Tewkesbury Borough Council and Department of Transport specification before they leave site, and for maintenance in the 12 months thereafter.
Category 4 - Renaming an existing street
- Application to rename an existing street name.
- The charge for this application category 4 is £100.00 per street.
For existing streets where at least two thirds of the residents have requested a street name change they will also have to pay for removal of old plates, re-supply and install of new plates by Tewkesbury Borough Council.
Any observations should be addressed to Development Services, Tewkesbury Borough Council, Public Services Centre, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any observations should be received by no later than 10th March 2017.