Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you.
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you.
We may collect information for the following reasons:
- To manage legal cases including:
- Criminal & civil litigation
- Debt collection
- Preparation of contracts for various events
- Housing possessions
- Right to buy/right to acquire
- Right to buy
- Residential lease extensions
- Tenant enquiries
- Housing possessions
- To answer Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests and complaints
- To answer general enquiries from public
- To prepare contracts for various events
We are allowed to use your data for the purposes of providing legal advice to the council and under various UK laws in the following areas of law/common law:
- Environmental and public protection
- Local government
What information do we collect about you?
We collect names, address, contact details , bank details and any recorded criminal history that relates to the case/matter.
Who do we share the information with?
- National Regulators e.g. Information Commissioner’s Office, Investigatory Powers Commissioner.
- The Courts, judges, Crown Prosecution Service, Employment Tribunals.
- Legal representatives of other parties.
- Expert witnesses.
- The Police and other crime enforcement agencies.
- Other public authorities e.g. councils, government departments (HMRC, DWP, Immigration etc.).
- Land Registry.
- Debt collectors.
- Union representatives (with consent).
- Elected Members & MPs (as your representative).
- Contractors providing IT services.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We delete your information when it is no longer reasonably required for the purpose for which it was collected and we keep your information in accordance with a retention and destruction policy.
Who do we collect information from?
From relevant officers and from the organisations and bodies set out in paragraph 3 above.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will be unable to fulfil its statutory obligations and legal requirements.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Last updated: 09 April 2018 (JB)