Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
Certain personal details are required as part of the recruitment process. For example, name, address and telephone number for contacting individuals as part of selection, interview and offer. Medical information for a pre-employment online questionnaire is required, which enables us to see if an individual is fit for work. Dependant on job role we may also require personal information for DBS checks for safeguarding purposes. Equality and Diversity information is collated solely for monitoring purposes.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the following information:
- Name, address, contact details, NI number, date of birth, national insurance number and education and employment history.
- Medical fitness, history and circumstances.
- Eligibility to remain and/or work in the UK.
- Disclosure and barring service history.
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Information.
Who do we share the information with?
The information is held on a Human Resources (HR) database which is accessible by limited HR personnel. Medical information is kept between our occupational health provider and HR.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you for a maximum period of six months for unsuccessful applicants. Successful applications details will be ongoing through employment and 6 years after termination of employment.
Who do we collect information from?
- The Disclosure and Barring Service
- Our Occupational Health Provider
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
We would not be able to fulfill our legal and statutory obligations.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Last updated: 28 February 2018 (SN)