Winchcombe is a very attractive and progressive small Cotswold Town, where the Town Council is embarking on an ambitious project to create a new Town Activity Park for the enjoyment of all sections of the community.
Planning Permission has been granted to create an attractive area of public open space extending to almost 13 acres, which will include a “wheeled sports area”, a Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA), footpaths, car parking areas, play equipment and extensive planting and landscaping.
The Town Council is looking to appoint a Project Manager to oversee the construction process and be the interface between the Council as client, and the team of consultants already engaged, together with the principal contractor who has yet to be appointed. The position will be on a part-time self-employed basis for a fee arrangement to be determined.
1. To collaborate with landscape architects, designers, engineers and other specialists to determine the precise specification of the project, and then to prepare and agree an estimate of the total cost of the works with the client.
2. To prepare and/or assist in the preparation of tender documents including provision of advice on appropriate forms of contract; identifying and pre-qualifying potential contractors; issuing tender documents; receiving tenders and reporting results to client with recommendations for further action including award of contract.
3. To negotiate contracts as necessary with external contractors / suppliers to reach mutually satisfactory agreements and to prepare and issue contract documents.
4. To obtain all necessary permits and licenses from the appropriate authorities, and ensure compliance with all permissions and conditions.
5. To determine the adequacy of required resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure completion of the project within time and budgetary limits.
6. To plan and agree all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure that deadlines and budgetary limits will be met.
7. To evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
8. To value work in progress and agree interim payments; determine and agree values of variations; agree and settle final contract value(s).
9. To assist the client in discharging their duties under the CDM Regulations, including issuing draft H & S Plan, and checking construction stages plans issued by contractor(s), and ensure adherence to all current Health & Safety standards, and report on any issues.
1. Proven experience as a Construction Project Manager with previous and recent experience of delivering similar schemes as Project Manager.
2. An in-depth understanding of current construction procedures, legislation and material and project management principles.
3. Familiarity with all current Quality and Health & Safety standards.
4. The ability to effectively manage change and control the project budget by working with the contractor to identify and manage project risks.
5. Good knowledge of construction / project management software.
6. Advanced time-management and analytical skills.
7. Outstanding communication and negotiating skills.
8. A team player with leadership abilities.
9. Appropriate Health and Safety (SMSTS & CSCS Card) and professional qualifications.
Expressions of interest with a detailed CV and contact details of at least two referees, together with a statement as to how you will contribute to this ambitious project and bring it to a successful conclusion, should be sent by Sunday, 30 June 2019 to:
Winchcombe Town Council,
Abbey Fields Community Centre,