Home > Housing
For housing options and homelessness advice, please contact the housing team on 01684 272212 or by email at: email@example.com.
We are unable to assist clients out of office hours or during bank holidays. For emergency, out-of-hours help, call 01452 614194. For office opening times please see our housing options section below.
For emergency, out of hours help with street homelessness or to report someone seen sleeping rough, please visit: www.streetlink.org.uk or telephone: 0300 500 0194.
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness please complete this self referral form which will give us the important information we need to help you. A member of the team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
Homelessness and housing options advice
- Help from Tewkesbury Borough Council to find private rented accommodation (pdf, 66 KB)
- Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 - frequently asked questions (pdf, 74 KB)
- Housing care standards (pdf, 57 KB)
- Domestic abuse
- Help with debt
- Homeless advice and prevention
- Housing options and homelessness
- Independent housing advice
- Affordable housing development
- Council tax and benefits
- Disabled facilities grants
- Empty homes
- Help to buy - shared ownership and rental schemes
- Home improvements
- Housing, homelessness and tenancy strategies
- Advice for landlords and tenants
- Notice to leave - illegal eviction and harassment
- Rented accommodation safety
- Tenancy types
Housing with support
Anyone can visit the Housing Options Team for face-to-face advice from one of the housing officers by making a housing options appointment or you can call in to the office for one of the drop-in sessions.
To make an appointment phone: 01684 272212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a housing advice drop-in service on:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Friday: 9am - 4pm
Please note that you may have to wait at the drop-in service.
The initial assessment can take up to 30 minutes to collect your basic information and understand your situation. The officer you meet may be able to resolve your query there and then but if that is not possible, you will be offered an appointment to return for a full housing assessment.
If the Duty Officer considers that they need to undertake the full assessment immediately, your homelessness and housing options interview may take up to an hour or longer. Please be prepared to allow enough time for the assessment.
If you prefer to book an appointment to discuss your housing situation phone: 01684 272212. Subject to availability appointments may be offered between the following times:
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 12:30pm and 1pm - 4pm