The garden waste club
Membership of the club is the easy way of disposing of your garden waste on a fortnightly basis through kerbside collections of a brown wheelie bin.
It is hassle-free, meaning no more trips to the recycling centre and no need to mess up the boot of your car.
Your membership runs from April to April and costs £45 (per bin that needs to be emptied), which is less than a pound a week!
The really important bits of garden waste club terms and conditions
Sticker licences are valid from 1 April to 31 March. Without an official sticker licence your bin will not be collected.
Your bin needs to be out by 7am on your allocated day of collection.
- Bins remain council property. However, you are responsible for the bin while you are a member of the garden waste club.
- Payment does not guarantee you a specific number of collections. We do not collect in the two weeks over Christmas and New Year.
- You are responsible for filling your bin appropriately. We won’t empty bins where guidelines have not been followed. To see what can and can’t go in your bin visit the brown garden waste bin page.
- Your sticker licence will arrive, along with full T&C’s, shortly before your membership starts.
- We do reserve the right to withdraw individual membership or the service as a whole at any time.
- Full details regarding the garden waste club are available on our website: garden waste club terms and conditions. Once you’ve signed up you have a 14 day cooling off period.
It’s really simple to sign up…
If you do not have a brown bin you will need to order it through our customer service team: telephone 01684 295010. It can take upto 28 days for your bin to arrive.
- Step one: Complete the form below and pay for your licence sticker (you will need a credit or debit card).
- Step two: Your licence sticker arrives in the post (usually a couple of days before the service commences in April). As soon as you are able, stick the licence on the outside of the brown bin.
- Step three: Get busy in the garden filling your bin!
- Step four: Pop your brown bin out on your scheduled day for us to empty (you can check your collection date at www.tewkesbury.gov.uk/calendar).