Gambling premises licences

Home > Business > Licences and permits > Gambling premises licences

If you want to use premises to provide facilities for gambling, you will first need to obtain a premises licence from us under the Gambling Act 2005.

The types of Licence available are as follows:

  • Casino premises licence

  • Bingo premises licence

  • Adult gaming centre premises licence

  • Family entertainment centre premises licence

  • Betting premises licence

Except in the case of a track, a premises licence cannot authorise the use of premises for activities of more than one of the types listed above. A licence cannot be issued in respect of premises if those premises already have a premises licence in effect.

Premises licences can only be granted to those who already hold the relevant gambling operator licences issued by the Gambling Commission.


You can download detailed guidance on how to apply for a premises licence below. The fee that must accompany an application depends on the type of premises that you are applying in respect of and the type of application being made.

Premises licence application forms and notice of application forms can be downloaded from the department for culture, media and sport website.