2017 review - public consultation
Tewkesbury Borough Council adopted the current Flood and Water Management Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) in December 2013. The purpose of this SPD is to provide guidance on the approach that should be taken to manage flood risk and the water environment as part of new development proposals. The SPD is also a material consideration when determining planning applications.
There have, however, been significant updates to national guidance surrounding flood and water management. This includes revisions to policy and guidance provided in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and National Planning Practice Guidance (NPPG), changes to recommendations by the Environment Agency (EA), and updated guidance on best practice. As such, the Council is preparing an updated SPD and as part of this process are undertaking a public consultation on a Draft SPD.
Please click on the link below for the Draft SPD:
The consultation runs from Monday 25th September 2017 until 5pm on Monday 6th November 2017
As well as on this website, during this consultation period you can view the Draft SPD at Tewkesbury Borough Council offices:
Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT (between 08:30 and 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:30 and 16:00 on Friday)
The documents can also be viewed locally at:
- Tewkesbury Library, Sun Street, Tewkesbury, GL20 5NX
- Bishop’s Cleeve Library, Tobyfield Road, Bishops Cleeve, GL52 8NN
- Winchcombe Library, Back Lane, Winchcombe, GL54 5PZ
- Churchdown Library, Parton Road, Gloucester, GL3 2AF
If you wish to make representations or comments on this Supplementary Planning Document you may do so by:
- Sending an email to: LocalPlanConsultation@tewkesbury.gov.uk or
- Posting it or bringing it in person to: Tewkesbury Borough Council, For the Attention of: The Planning Policy Team, Council Offices, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT.
Representations must be received no later than 5pm on Monday 6th November 2017.
Head of Development Services