Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
The details below are collected from individuals in order for Tewkesbury Borough Council Staff to be accurately set up on the Council’s payroll software: This will ensure that staff are paid correctly and minimise salary related issues.
What information do we collect about you?
- NI Number
- Date of Birth
- Post Number
- Hours per week
- Bank Details
- Tax Code
- NI Code
- Next of Kin details
- Continuous Local Government service
- Email address
Who do we share the information with?
We share the information with HMRC, National Fraud Office, Gloucestershire County Council Pension Scheme, Internal / External Auditors and Line Managers (for authorisation & budgeting purposes).
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
The information is stored on servers based in the UK.
How long do we keep your information?
Salary information is stored for the statutory minimum time which is the current tax year, plus six preceding years.
Who do we collect information from?
Information is collected from appointed staff upon commencement of their employment, and current staff as changes occurs.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
Staff would be paid incorrectly, and statutory information supplied to HMRC, The Pension Section and National Fraud Office would be inaccurate.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
The allocation of the payroll number is an automatic process.
Last updated: 02 March 2018 (LG)