Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
- We collect information with regards Tewkesbury Borough Council mortgagees only.
- Personal Information is required to administer the mortgage.
- Financial information is required in order to ensure that the mortgage payments are made up until redemption.
- Tewkesbury Borough Council no longer supply new mortgages, and this data is only kept for current or historic mortgages.
The legal basis for the council to collect this data is a supply mortgage services.
What information do we collect about you?
- Name, address, and date(s) of birth
- Any personal information which results in a change to the mortgage details i.e. marriage, death, divorce etc.
- Bank account details
- Details of payments made toward the mortgage
- Mortgage deeds are kept up until redemption
Who do we share the information with?
This information is for Council use, although information could be shared with third party solicitor if there are any changes to mortgage details.
Also we are governed by the Housing Act 1985 and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government who set the interest rates charged.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
The information is stored on servers based in the UK.
How long do we keep your information?
- Mortgage details are stored up until redemption, and is held for auditing and reporting purposes for 6 complete years.
Who do we collect information from?
If we did not collect this information, it would not be possible to administer the mortgages function.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
We require proof of building’s insurance from current mortgagees as this is part of the mortgage criteria plus we collect bank details from our direct debit payers.
If there is a change in circumstance we require the name of the person who has taken over the mortgage otherwise it will not be in the right name.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Calculations with regards payment of the mortgage are made by the Mortgage Administration Software used by the Council. All other decisions have been made, or will be made by Council staff.
Last updated: 08 March 2018 (LG)