The Conservatives have political control
Following the elections in May 2015 there are 38 borough councillors and the composition of this council is Conservative: 33, Liberal Democrat: 2, Independent: 2, Non-aligned: 1.
Lead member portfolios
We have an executive committee of nine members. One member is the leader of the council and the other eight have a specific area of interest (known as a portfolio) and are known as lead members.
The leader of the council is the Chair of the executive committee and the deputy leader is the Vice-chair.
The scope of the portfolios and number of lead members on the executive committee is determined at the annual council meeting in May. The lead members for each portfolio are agreed annually in June at the first meeting of the executive committee.
Councillors' code of conduct
If you have a complaint that a Borough or Parish/Town Councillor has breached their Authority's Code of Conduct you should write to the Monitoring Officer at the following address outlining your complaint and the reasons that you feel the Councillor has breached the Code of Conduct:
- The Monitoring Officer, Tewkesbury Borough Council, Public Services Centre, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury. GL20 5TT.
Please note that the Parish/Town Council Codes of Conduct vary and a copy of the relevant Code can be obtained from the Parish Clerk or the Monitoring Officer. Telephone: 01684 272011.
The Borough Council's Code of Conduct can be found below:
Tewkesbury Borough Councillors (organised by ward)
Ashchurch with Walton Cardiff
- Robert Vines - Conservative
Churchdown St John's
- Sue Hillier-Richardson - Non-Aligned
Cleeve St Michael's
Innsworth with Down Hatherley
- Graham Bocking - Conservative
- John Evetts - Conservative
Highnam with Haw Bridge
- Gill Blackwell - Conservative
- Mel Gore - Conservative
- Philip Surman - Conservative
- Vernon Smith - Conservative
Tewkesbury Prior's Park
Tewkesbury Town with Mitton
- Terry Spencer - Conservative
Tewkesbury Borough Members of Parliament (MPs)
- Laurence Robertson - Conservative
- Mark Harper - Conservative