Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
We collect information about members of the public in order to:
- enable participation in Council/Committee meetings e.g. public speaking at Planning Committee, question to Council;
- allow you to submit a petition;
- pass on your details to Councillors so they can address your queries.
What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and position/role where appropriate.
Who do we share the information with?
- Members of the public - anyone speaking at a public Council or Committee meeting will be introduced at the meeting and your name may appear in the Minutes of that meeting but we will not publish your contact details.
- Elected Councillors.
- Other Council departments.
- Third party contractors e.g. printers.
- Other interested parties – if you are speaking at Planning Committee, we will only share your information with other interested parties with your consent.
- Auditors, as all data captured may be subject to audit reviews.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you according to our retention schedule (pdf, 69 KB).
Who do we collect information from?
- A petition organiser.
- Anyone registering you to speak at Planning Committee e.g. your agent.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
Members of the public would be unable to participate in Council or Committee meetings.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Last updated: 11 May 2018 (LC)