Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
- To ensure that your Business Rates are calculated correctly.
- To ensure business rates are collected promptly and to take enforcement action in accordance with statutory legislation.
- To maintain accurate records of your organisation's name and contact details.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the following information in both paper form and electronic format this list is not exhaustive and we may obtain other information that we require for business rates purposes:
- Proof of your identity such as but not limited to name and address
- Bank details for direct debits
- Business details such as company name or registered office
For certain reliefs such as mandatory and discretionary rate relief, we may ask you to provide further supporting documents such as company accounts or proof of charitable status. The information provided by you is collected purely for assessing your application for relief.
Who do we share the information with?
We share your information with the following people/organisations:
- Enforcement agents
- National Audit Office
- The Cabinet Office
- The Police
- Other local authorities
- Any other interested departments with TBC
- The Valuation Office Agency
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
No information is transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA.
How long do we keep your information?
Business rate information must be held for as long as appeals may be backdated by the valuation office agency. We will also hold your information whilst a balance to be paid remains outstanding.
Who do we collect information from?
We collect information from the following sources:
- Landlord including managing agents
- Other local authorities
- Other departments with Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Valuation Office Agency
- Credit agencies
- Land Registry
- Companies House
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
Business rates will not be charged or collected correctly which we are legally required to do as per legislation set by central government.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
All rates are calculated by computer software designed to handle the administration of business rates.
Last updated: 21 March 2018 (BK)