Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
We need to take your contact details in order for us to provide services to our customers such as reporting missed bins, ordering new bins, arranging household collections, organising assisted collections, implementing garden waste subscriptions, renewals, cancellations, and payments. We would not be able to provide these services without you giving us your contact details.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect your contact details such as name, address, telephone number and email addresses to enable us to provide services to you. We also take account numbers & reference numbers if we are taking a payment on your behalf.
Your bank details are needed from you if a payment is required for example council tax, invoices, permits & paying for bins but this is with your consent only.
Who do we share the information with?
To provide our services to you we may share information with the following:
- Gloucestershire County Council to report road maintenance and street lighting issues.
- UBICO to report missed bins, implement garden waste collections, book household collections, ordering of bins/caddies and organising assisted collections.
- Northgate – Internal revenues and benefits system used to access account numbers for council tax payments.
- Adelante – Payment system for the Council uses to take all payments.
- Internal departments to report a change in circumstances as advised by you.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
Information is stored in the UK and the EU only.
How long do we keep your information?
Payment information is kept in a secure area for 3 months in case we need to trace payments. We keep customers contact details in our secure database in line with the retention schedule (xlsx, 23 KB).
Who do we collect information from?
Information held on our system is provided by you when requiring a service from Customer Services. Occasionally, if we are taking a payment we would need to consult our internal revenues system for an account number if it has not been provided to ensure payments are allocated to the right account.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
We would be unable to provide the majority of our services if we did not collect your contact details.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
No decisions are made without the customers consent.
No automated decisions are made about you.
Last updated: 27 February 2018 (HL)