Page contents (skip menu), (show/hide menu)
- Why we collect information about you?
- What information do we collect about you?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Who do we collect information from?
- What are the consequences if we don’t collect the data?
- Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Why we collect information about you?
We collect information to:
- Process and support applications for council and external funding.
- Maintain a list of community assets.
- Help us communicate helpful information; promote the area and services on offer.
- Keep a record of successful applicants for council and external funding. (Evidence provision/accounts and records).
- Keep a record of enquiries.
- Analyse and assist in decision making.
- As a record of who has tendered for contracts.
- As a record of attendees at events.
- Undertake surveys for strategy setting.
- Provision of our services – business support, signposting and referrals, land drainage and flood risk management.
- Market our services to help support businesses. (Marketing and PR).
- We also collect information regarding business support organisations and pass this to businesses to help them i.e. details of a training provider.
- Respond to your queries.
- Get information to you/your community in the event of an emergency.
- Make decisions on applications and nominations.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information:
- For business and community grants, we collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial details.
- For enquiry and promotional databases, we collect your name, address, telephone number, email address.
- For participant logs, we collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, emergency contact and medical details.
- About financial details of suppliers including name, address, bank account and sort codes.
- About survey data.
- About tender information, including name, address, telephone number and email address.
- For responding to your queries and getting information to you in an emergency, we collect one or more of the following, dependent on the circumstances e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address.
- For events/forums - attendance sheets, contact details, sending information.
- For land drainage and flood risk management consent – name, location, telephone number and email address.
Who do we share the information with?
- We share information with other departments where necessary to respond/resolve your query.
- Sharing grant information with councillors - we will periodically brief councillors and will anonymise any relevant data.
- External and internal checks on grant applications.
- Land drainage and flood risk management consent with Gloucestershire County Council.
We might share with these organisations on the basis on consent:
- Cotswolds Tourism.
- External business support organisations.
- Partner agencies – public sector and volunteer community sector.
- Event organisers.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you according to our retention schedule (pdf, 100 KB).
Who do we collect information from?
- Individuals who ask for advice and contact us.
- Local volunteer groups.
- Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Voluntary community sector/community organisations.
- Voluntary community sector organisations (who we signpost people to).
- HM Land Registry.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
- We will not be able to share information which may be useful to you.
- We will not be meeting the financial regulations.
- We will not be able to monitor effectively.
- We will not be meeting the tender regulations.
- We will be unable to promote business support, community or tourism opportunities.
- We will be unable to fulfil our land drainage and flood risk management function.
Are any decision about you made by automatic means?
Last updated: 23 May 2018 (OM)