Whether you are a new business starting out or an existing business looking to grow, there may be a suitable source of funding available to help. Grants to help with business development are available from a variety of sources, such as the Government, European Union, local authorities and some charitable organisations. These grants may be linked to business activity or a specific industry sector and some may also be linked to geographical areas.
Business support grant scheme
We are committed to facilitating an environment which helps small and medium sized enterprises (up to 250 employees) to set up and grow. To do this, a programme of business grants has been developed, aimed at:
- Businesses operating from home.
- Encouraging business start-ups.
- Helping existing businesses to grow.
The main aims of the grant scheme are to:
- Facilitate an environment for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to set up and grow.
- Generate employment opportunities.
- Encourage occupation of premises.
- Support local retail and business centres.
- Support the local economy.
- Promote increased entrepreneurship and investment.
What do I need to do next?
The online grant application forms are available below. Please make sure you read the scheme guidance before submitting an application.
- Business support grant - business start up
- Business support grant - growing business
- Business support grant - working from home
If you have any questions or require further information - please contact our Economic Development team on 01684 272249 or email email@example.com.